Live to the fullest...

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Romancing with Sherlock💖

Romancing with Sherlock 💖

    The other day my friend and I were discussing about our comfort novels. 
    What are comfort novels ? 
Comfort books are books or novels or any sort of reading material that comforts you , soothes you, consoles you and gives you solace. Whenever you are exhausted  and overfatigued, reading this particular book will sweeten you up . At times like these , when you are burned out , even playing a game on the mobile or watching TV cannot satisfy your thirstiness. That's when , your comfort novel jumps into the scene . Reading it makes you feel as light as a feather and as fresh as a daisy.
     In my case , my comfort book is Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle. There are both novels and short stories in this series by Doyle, but it is the short stories that I'm fond of .
      Sherlock being an eccentric and witty person , solves crimes and mysteries all over London . He has keen observation skills and is always assisted by his confidante Dr. Watson. The entire short stories collection are in the form of Watson's narrative. When I read Sherlock Holmes, I will be completely immersed into it and enjoy it , as if I'm traveling alongside with him. I nevermind reading the same collection of stories again because everytime I read it , I am sherlocked and it feels like a breath of fresh air.
       I rejoice reading O.Henry's and  
Guy de Maupassant's collection of short stories. In addition, I also read Tamil short stories by eminent writers like  Jayakanthan, Na. Pichamoorty and Jeyamohan . 
       Why I prefer short stories as my comfort novels is that , they can be read within a short  span of time , without encompassing much energy,  and are also as aromatic as novels. 
     
▪️PS: What are your comfort books ? Comment below. 
     

3 comments:

  1. To kill a mockingbird is such a wonderful book which most of the people consider as their comfort book, including me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The monk who sold his Ferrari

    ReplyDelete